The Perfect Summer Salad

I love finding recipes on other blogs. If I like one of them I will add it to my favorites, so I can go back to it at anytime. I have been holding on to this yummy recipe from Quite Contrary for quite a while, just waiting for the perfect occasion to make it. Our Wicked girls weekend was the perfect time! I made brunch after church on Sunday. We had quiche lorraine, fruit salad, and this sweet strawberry salad with cupcakes for dessert.

Sweet Strawberry Salad:
Ingredients:
fresh spinach
strawberries
red onion {I omitted, of course}
walnuts
plain goat cheese {I also omitted, b/c the store was out of the cheese.}
1/4 c olive oil
3 tblspn lime juice
3 tblspn vinegar
3 tblspn sugar or splenda
salt and pepper to taste
Directions:
-Smash 1/3 c of strawberries. {smashing strawberries is harder than you think, so I just put them in the magic bullet and had it do all the work.} Whisk oil, vinegar, lime juice and sugar and add to smashed strawberries. Assemble salad with spinach, sliced strawberries, crumbled goat cheese, chopped walnuts, sliced red onion...as desired. Toss with dressing and season with salt and pepper.

I'm pretty obsessed with this dressing! It is so yummy and different from the usual dressings I put on my salads. Don't worry, the recipe makes a lot more dressing than what is pictured in the container in the first picture.

Thanks for all the sweet comments yesterday! There is nothing better than checking my e-mail and having lots of comments to read! You all make my day!

Photobucket
Posted by Picasa
You have just read the article entitled The Perfect Summer Salad. Please read the article from The Sweet Simplicity About more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : http://the-sweet-simplicity.blogspot.com/2009/07/the-perfect-summer-salad.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. The Sweet Simplicity