Road Trips

We have taken several road trips this summer. Most of them with Nuts. I thought I would give you all a peek into what our longest and most recent road trip looked like.

Nuts is very good in the car and enjoys taking trips with us. He usually sleeps most of the time. The only downside is that when he is awake he likes to know what is going on outside. In order to get a better view he likes to climb onto my shoulder and wrap himself around my neck. This is not the most comfortable thing in the world.
Apparently, I'm a good head rest.

I took these pics myself and there were lots of shadows and once you get past the blinding glare of my skin, you get the idea.

Some of you may remember this post about me wanting to learn to speak Italian.
Instead of buying a set of cd's off of amazon, I decided to see what itunes had to offer. They have lots of options and I finally decided on one. It wasn't pimsleur, but I couldn't find a picture of the one I bought. {probably, because I couldn't remember the name. :)}
I made Ty listen to it on our way to Branson. It was hilarious! Definitely passed the time.
Our Okie accents didn't translate very well into Italian. We won't be fluent anytime soon!
The only phrase that stuck in my head was "Dov'è il bagno?" Where is the bathroom?
I have found a way to work it into a few of mine and Ty's conversations. I think I need to buy the booklet that accompanies the recording. I am more of a visual learner. Everytime I have been saying "Dov'è il bagno?" I have been imagining it as Tove el bano. Who knew?
Italian and Spanish have a lot of similar words. I took Spanish in high school and college, so those are the words I picture when I am speaking Italian. Okay, not speaking really more like repeating after the nice, patient lady on my itunes download.

Happy Hump Day!
Posted by Picasa
You have just read the article entitled Road Trips. Please read the article from The Sweet Simplicity About , , more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : http://the-sweet-simplicity.blogspot.com/2009/07/road-trips.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. The Sweet Simplicity