Randoms and Recipe

Hello friends! I am a busy bee at work and can't coherently put together a blog post anymore.
I will just go with random bullets instead, plus a recipe at the bottom.

  • I found out today that I have a work trip to New Orleans in a couple of months and I can't wait! I interned for the New Orleans Hornets for 2 years and I can't wait to go to a game and see my old work buddies! {and work of course! :)}
  • The position that I am applying for at work officially opened up on the HR website. I get nervous just thinking about it. I just hope my age doesn't affect things! fingers crossed.
  • I have almost polished off the whole package of double stuffed oreos by myself! It is ridiculous. At first I hid them from Ty because I didn't want to share. Now I am hiding them so he won't see how much of them I have eaten! Yes, I have some serious food issues!
  • This short work week is amazing! I can't believe tomorrow is Thursday!

Now for a yummy, delish recipe:

Tuscan Chicken Simmer

{picture courtesy of kraftfoods.com}
Ingredients:
4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 lb.)
4 oz. (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, cubed
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup pesto {I used the Knorr creamy pesto packet}
2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes
1 cup KRAFT Finely Shredded Italian* Five Cheese Blend

Directions:
HEAT large nonstick skillet sprayed with cooking spray on medium-high heat. Add chicken; cover. Cook 5 to 7 min. on each side or until done (165ºF).
Remove chicken from skillet; cover to keep warm.
ADD cream cheese, water, pesto and tomatoes to skillet. Cook, uncovered, on medium heat 2 min. or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
RETURN chicken to skillet. Cook and stir 1 min. or until chicken is coated and heated through. Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
I served the left over pesto on top of some thin spaghetti noodles.
I love kraftfoods.com because they have nutritional info on all of their recipes.
There are 410 calories per serving and this dish makes 4 servings. You can also save 50 calories by using 2% milk shredded mozzarella cheese and the lower fat cream cheese. This is what I did and it was delish.
I am making this again very soon!

Photobucket
You have just read the article entitled Randoms and Recipe. Please read the article from The Sweet Simplicity About more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : http://the-sweet-simplicity.blogspot.com/2009/09/randoms-and-recipe.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. The Sweet Simplicity