Good Reads

I love to read, but lately I only seem to do it when I am travelling a lot. I cannot sit on an airplane without having a book to read. I have made several trips to the library this year. I love going to the library and browsing for books. I find so many good ones. Unfortunately, I will only allow myself to check out 2 at a time. If I check out more than that I never get them all read by the due date and I always forget to renew them online, so I end up with a fine.
So I have started taking pics of the books that I like with my phone. This way I remember the ones that I want to go back and get later. I also love it when other blogs give book recommendations. I always write the name of the book down, so that I can remember to check it out/buy it later.

Here are some of the books that I have read lately. Click on the name of the book to read a description--It will take you to the amazon page for it.

I read The Devil in the Junior League on my trip to Alabama.

I loved this book: Schooled by Anisha Lakhani.

Schooled reminded me a lot of The Nanny Diaries, which I also loved, so I checked this out from the library on CD and listened to it on my last recruitment road trip. (Don't judge the book based on the movie.)

I have never read a Jane Austen novel before. I always liked the idea of reading one. I tried a few times in high school, but could never get into them. I love all the movies based on her books, so I decided to give this book a try. I love being transported back into another era. Confessions of a Jane Austen Addict.


Mojito Maven actually blogged about this book. I went online to the library's website to reserve the book and there was a 5 week wait on it. I figured it must be really good! I am about halfway through it and I really like it.
Bitter is the New Black

Schooled was my favorite out of this bunch of books. I'm hoping she has written other books. I'm off to search for that right now....
Photobucket

You have just read the article entitled Good Reads. Please read the article from The Sweet Simplicity About more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : http://the-sweet-simplicity.blogspot.com/2009/04/good-reads.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. The Sweet Simplicity