Craft Party

A month or two ago Chesley sent me an e-mail with some pics of a few feather headbands that she found on Etsy. I replied telling her which ones I liked and that we could make them ourselves. I saw a really cute one at Urban Outfitters when I was in Lawrence, KS, but couldn't bring myself to pay $24 for a feather headband. I looked it over and decided that if I really wanted one that I could probably make it.


{It was brought to my attention the other day that some of you might think I am spelling Chesley's name wrong. Its not Chelsey--its CHESS-LEE. That's my best phonetic spelling! We met in college and she is my bestest friend in the whole wide world. She entertains me while Ty is studying. I just wanted to clear that up. I also have a lot of new people reading my blog, so I wanted to explain who she is.} Back to our craft party....

I was originally going to do a tutorial on how to make them, but I came across this great tutorial on BurdaStyle and decided to just link to it.

C and I spent around $10 total. That is $5 each for 2 headbands a piece. We bought the feathers and tacky glue at Michaels, the felt at JoAnn's, and the headbands from Target. I used one headband that I already had.


The first headband was easy to make because these feathers were already attached to a tear-drop shaped piece of felt.
It basically blends in with my hair.
We bought a pack of feathers for this headband and had to arrange and glue them onto the felt ourselves.



I doubted that we could make the peacock feathers work when C bought them. They turned out so cute! I wish I would have bought some. She is going to wrap some black ribbon around the headband toward the bottom to
cover up the stick part of the feathers.

This was a very easy craft project! We had a lot of fun making them! Now, if I only knew what I could wear a feather headband with....


Photobucket

You have just read the article entitled Craft Party. Please read the article from The Sweet Simplicity About http://the-sweet-simplicity.blogspot.com/2009/04/craft-party.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. The Sweet Simplicity