Road Warrior

September and October are my busy travel times at work. I am making at least one day trip per week and it seems like I have had an overnight trip once a week as well. I don't mind travelling. I usually enjoy it. Ty is usually pretty busy, so I don't usually get to spend a lot of time with him anyways. {Although, I do miss him and Nuts!}

A couple of weeks ago, I had a business meeting about 20 minutes from my parents house. I drove down the night before and stayed the night. I took Nuts with me. He is usually great in the car and will sit in the passenger seat and nap. This trip he was a bit whiney and ended up here:
Yes, I am barefoot. I hate driving with shoes on. Those who know me well, know that I hate wearing shoes. It is the first thing I take off when I get home from work. As soon as I sit down at my desk in my office my shoes come off. I hardly ever buy shoes that can't be slipped off easily.

And yes, I am wearing hot pink velour pants. I never pack pajamas when I go to my parents house. I have enough old clothes there to fill a closet. I always end up finding an old favorite and taking it home. I have been wearing these hideously bright pants every night since that trip. {Ty lovingly refers to them as my fat girl pants. You know, college girls wear them a lot and gain the freshman 15 because they have a lot of give in them and you don't even notice that you have gained weight.}

I survive all of my work trips that I drive to by listening to books on cd. I have been on a Mary Kay Andrews kick lately. The library has a ton of them on cd. She writes about Southern women and they usually have some sort of involvement with antiques and interior decorating.
My favorite:

I'm currently listening to:

Some Randoms:
  • Ty is on a surgery rotation this month. He loves it. There are a ton of strings on my coffee table where he has been practicing his sutures, knots, etc.
  • I love the weather and being able to save on heat/air.
  • When I travel I have a wireless aircard. It allows me to access the internet without paying for it or entering password. I have been reading blogs through google reader, but sometimes it doesn't run fast enough for me to go through process of leaving comments. But I have been reading!
  • I am loving this blog: Sincerely, Sara Cate. A few weeks after I started reading her blog, she was diagnosed with cancer. Sara Cate has an extremely postive outlook and amazing spirit.
  • And this blog: Holy Shih-Tzus! She is an IRL friend.
  • I have started my birthday list and it is a month away. Its never too early, right??
Photobucket
You have just read the article entitled Road Warrior. Please read the article from The Sweet Simplicity About , more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : http://the-sweet-simplicity.blogspot.com/2009/10/road-warrior.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. The Sweet Simplicity