NBA & old friends

When I was in college I had an internship with the New Orleans Hornets. They were displaced in OK after hurricane katrina. It was the best internship ever! I met some amazing people. When you work in the NBA you spend a lot of time with your coworkers and you get to be quite close to them.

My old boss at the Hornets took a job with the Thunder. He got tickets for me and another girl that I interned with, Kasey. She and I went to dinner before the game and got caught up on each others lives.
This collage is for Chesley.

When I interned for the Hornets I would get free tickets. Chesley came to a few games and loved Air Hugo. When Air Rumble came out I immediately thought of her.

Kasey and I after the game.

We hung around after the game to see Jason and some other people that I worked with that now work for the Thunder. It was so weird to be on the court and behind the scenes again. I saw all the players getting scanned (for guns, metals, bombs??) before they boarded the bus home. I met a lot of the Thunder staff. It made me miss the NBA. {But not the long work hours.} It is such an incredible and fun atmosphere. There is so much excitement and adrenaline in the air.

My old boss, Jason

Photobucket
Posted by Picasa
You have just read the article entitled NBA & old friends. Please read the article from The Sweet Simplicity About http://the-sweet-simplicity.blogspot.com/2009/10/nba-old-friends.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. The Sweet Simplicity