I wrote about a roast I was cooking last week and several of you asked for the recipe.
Mediterranean-Style Pot Roast
(from the Better Homes and Garden Cookbook, but slightly altered)
(1) 2-3 lb. boneless beef chuck pot roast
1 tbsp cooking oil
1 med. onion, sliced
(1) 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes w/basil, oregano and garlic, undrained
1/4 cup sliced, pitted ripe olives
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp. dried herbes de Provence, crushed (I have never found this in the store and have never used it.)
1 tsp. black pepper
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (Ty doesn't like this, so I use it only on my portion.)
1. Trim fat from meat. In a large skillet brown meat on all sides in hot oil. Drain off fat. Set aside.
2. Place onion in cooker; top with meat. In a bowl combine undrained tomatoes, olives, Worcestershire sauce, herbes de Provence and pepper; pour over meat in cooker.
3. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8-10 hours or high-heat setting for 4-5 hours.
4. Plate the meat and spoon juices over it. Sprinkle with feta cheese.
*We also add carrots and potatoes to this before slow cooking. Basically it is roast with a slightly different taste.
Sorry I don't have any pictures. It looks like roast with olives and feta cheese. :)