Wedding Anniversary dos

Today is mine and Ty's 2nd wedding anniversary. I am a very lucky lady! I can't even describe the feelings that I have toward this man.



We got married two weeks after graduating from college. Ty proposed on campus and we got married at the same spot. Needless to say that place holds a lot of memories for both of us. We said the traditional vows at our wedding plus we wrote letters to each other that we read out loud at the ceremony. I wanted to put them on here. I want to be able to read these letters together every year and remember how we felt at that time in our lives. We wrote these letters separately and the first time we shared them with each other was during the ceremony. We both touched on a lot of the same things.



"Ty,

I have been dreaming of this day with you since the 6th grade and it is finally here and is everything I have ever wanted and more. You are my best friend and I can't wait to start our lives together. You are constantly motivating me to be a better person. You are the first person I want to talk to when I have a good or bad news and you always know how to make me feel better. I love that you can always make me laugh. This is probably my favorite thing about you. I love that you care so much about people and have such a passion for medicine. You are so dedicated and I know that you will make a great doctor. I also know that when we have a family that you will make a great father. I love to watch you interact with Gage and Lillian. They have so much fun with you. I love that God is such an important part of your life; having a strong Christian family is so important to me and I know it is to you also.

When I was writing this all kinds of memories came flooding back to me...from our first kiss in the back of Pam D****' van, to when you asked me out at a basketball game in the 9th grade, the first time you came to my house and Derek dressed up and tried to embarrass me and of course he did, to our first real car date by ourselves, the first time you said I love you, watching you play high school basketball, going off to college apart and then together, when you proposed and how I don't remember anything you said because I was so excited! And not too long ago when I took care of you after your knee surgery and how I loved helping you because you always do so much for me.

Now we are about to start our lives together in a new place and I know our love is only going to grow stronger and we will make many more memories. Everything in our lives is changing but through it all you are my one constant. I can't wait to be your wife and make you happy for the rest of our lives. I love you."





"To my dearest Lindsey,

We have shared quite a journey together. I can remember very well the first time I professed my affections for you back in the 6th grade on the back of the bus telling you that I liked you more then all other girls in the class. Remember the time in 9th when I stole a kiss from you then jumped out of the D****'s van without saying anything. I was so nervous about having to see you again! But it worked.

You were my first crush and my first true love. And even though we have had our ups and downs, one thing that has remained a constant for us is our friendship.

So I thank you for always being there for me, for always believing in us, and for making sacrifices so we can be standing here today. And with that is my promise to you that i will always be there for you, always cherish and adore you, and to acknowledge the fact that I am a very lucky guy and to not take you for granted.

Lindsey, you are my best friend and I love you very much and always will. Thank you making my life complete. Thank you for making me so happy.

Signed your BFF, Ty"





I love looking through my wedding pictures and letting the memories flood back. What a happy time!





Meet Moe. He custom made my wedding dress for me.





Notice that cane in Ty's hand. He had ACL surgery and had to be on crutches for 6 weeks. Our wedding day was the first time he could walk without them. He had to use a cane to get down the aisle. Poor guy! (This was his 2nd ACL surgery--both knees have been operated on.)




Seeing Ty for the first time. I'm about to walk down the aisle.


There is something about this photo that I just love. (p.s. that's the path I walked to get to all of my classes.)




haha! So mysterious! (Julie didn't get the memo!)

These peonies had to be flown in from Holland. We had a late freeze in my state that killed them all off. I had to change all of my other flowers at the last minute. There was no way I was going to ask my parents to pay $18 a flower for all the centerpieces and other bouquets.



Ty's niece and my nephew. Such cuties!





In the car after everything was over: pure joy!







Photobucket


You have just read the article entitled Wedding Anniversary dos. Please read the article from The Sweet Simplicity About http://the-sweet-simplicity.blogspot.com/2009/05/wedding-anniversary-dos.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. The Sweet Simplicity