The Proof is in the Pin

I have been wanting to link up with Sarah's monthly post for a while now. I finally had a chance to follow through with one of my pins and actually blog about it. Unfortunately, my project was somewhat of a fail. Just wait, you'll see what I mean.

proofisinthepin


I fell in love with this chalkboard/wreath combo. I had been wanting a boxwood wreath for a while, but couldn't bring myself to pay for one. I found one at Lowe's this year for around $30 and I plan to use the wreath year round. 

Here is my version for Christmas.
DSC00931

I bought a chalkboard marker ($4), a discounted frame ($8), and foam board ($5) at Hobby Lobby. I practiced writing "joy" several times with the chalkboard marker. My last practice one was perfect. Then, I wrote it on the board that I spray painted with chalkboard paint. AND the result says "jay."
Wonderful. I put it up on the mantel hoping I was the only one that saw "jay" instead of "joy."
DSC00933

Now that it is all done I wish I would have just bought chalk and not the chalk marker. The whole board needs to "chalked" up and the marker wrote more like a paint marker. I wanted it to have a more chalk like texture.

Ty sent me this text the next day. 
(He was on nights, so he saw it the next day after I was already at work.)
Untitled

So, apparently I'm not the only one that sees "jay." Maybe I'll actually fix it before next Christmas, but for now we wish you and yours a jayous holiday season!
You have just read the article entitled The Proof is in the Pin. Please read the article from The Sweet Simplicity About , more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : http://the-sweet-simplicity.blogspot.com/2012/12/the-proof-is-in-pin.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. The Sweet Simplicity