Could you repeat that?

A week ago I started having some ear problems. They felt really stopped up like someone had put cotton balls down in them. I assumed it was allergy related.
After a few more days of this I made Ty get out his doctor tools and look in my ears. They were full of wax. Then he turned to me and asked the dreaded question, "Did you use a Q-tip lately?"

Of course the first thing I did when my ears felt stuffy was use a Q-tip. I didn't want to admit to it, because I knew that a lecture would follow. Apparently, doctors or student doctors in this case think Q-tips are from the devil and you should NEVER stick them in your ears.

At this point, it's Wednesday and I can't hear out of my left ear. Ty starts putting drops of something in my ear that is supposed to clear out all the wax. {gross, huh?} Well, it is now Tuesday, a full week and one day later from when this first started and I still can't hear out of my left ear. The wax is not going away! It has gotten a ton better in my right ear, but it was never as bad as my left.
Here I am laying down with drops in my ear. My sweet dog feels sorry for me!

Usually when I answer the phone I hold it to my left ear, because I am right handed and want that hand free to do other things besides hold the phone. Not anymore! I can't hear people with the phone held up to my left ear!! I can't hear people very well unless they are talking directly at my face. And if someone tries to whisper, forget it! I have been watching t.v. with a ridiculously high volume. It is MISERABLE!!!
-
I'm sure you are asking yourself, why hasn't she gone to the doctor??? And that is a good question. I have never been to a family doctor in this town. I haven't had a reason to go in the two years that we have lived here. Plus I figured this would have gone away by now. Ty has been looking in my ears with his odoscope so I know they are not infected.

But enough is enough. I am going to try to get in to see a doctor soon. (Which probably means it won't happen for another week.)
I'm done complaining now. :)


Photobucket
You have just read the article entitled Could you repeat that?. Please read the article from The Sweet Simplicity About http://the-sweet-simplicity.blogspot.com/2009/08/could-you-repeat-that.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. The Sweet Simplicity