Mushroom Parmesan and Salsa recipe, not together

I found this Mushroom Parmesan recipe on Katie's blog. I love finding new, yummy recipes. This one was delish!


Ingredients
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for greasing the grill pan
4 to 6 portobello mushrooms
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 cup marinara sauce (store bought or homemade)
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup grated Parmesan
2 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces

Directions
Place a grill pan over medium-high heat or preheat a gas or charcoal grill. {I broiled mine for 5 minutes on each side instead of grilling.}

Drizzle 3 tablespoons of olive oil over both sides of the mushrooms. Sprinkle the mushrooms with salt and pepper. Drizzle olive oil on the grill to prevent the mushrooms from sticking. Grill until the mushrooms are heated through and tender, about 5 minutes per side.

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Spread 1/2 cup of the marinara sauce on the bottom of a 9 by 13-inch baking dish. Place the grilled mushrooms on top of the marinara sauce and top with the remaining marinara sauce. Sprinkle with the cheeses and top with the butter pieces. Bake until the cheese melts and the top is golden, about 15 minutes. Serve.

Although, next time I will have to include some chicken and just make a couple of mushrooms as a side dish. Ty and I are carnivores through and through.

I also discovered this easy salsa recipe from Kelly at Kelly's Korner. She said it is a take on the Chili's recipe and I LOVE Chili's Chips and Salsa. I don't think it tasted exactly like theirs, but it was very tasty and so easy. I love having salsa to snack on!

CHILI'S SALSA
1 (14 1/2 oz.) can tomatoes and green chilies
1 (14 1/2 oz.) can whole canned tomatoes (plus the juice)
4 teaspoons jalapenos (canned, diced, not pickled)
1/4 cup yellow onion (diced)
1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon sugar
and this is not on the recipe but we add: 1/4 teaspoon cilantro and juice from 1/2 lime

1. In food processor place jalapenos (optional) and onion and process for just a few seconds.
2. Add both cans of tomatoes, salt, sugar, cumin,cilantro and lime juice.
3. Process all ingredients until well blended but do not puree.
4. Place in covered container and chill.
5. Serve with your favorite tortilla chips!


I like to have these recipes on my blog to share with you all in case we don't read the same blogs and maybe you missed out on these great recipes. But I really like to have one place to come back to for my recipes. I'm not the best at printing them out, but this way I can just go to my labels on my blog and look them up.
Photobucket
You have just read the article entitled Mushroom Parmesan and Salsa recipe, not together. Please read the article from The Sweet Simplicity About more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : http://the-sweet-simplicity.blogspot.com/2009/08/mushroom-parmesan-and-salsa-recipe-not.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. The Sweet Simplicity