Weekend Recap

Friday Ty and I headed to Wal-Mart to find a couple of Wii games. No such luck. They had been picked over. So instead we picked up a movie from Redbox. I have to say The Hangover was even more funny the second time around.


Saturday I have been wanting a comfy, curl up and read a book chair for our living room. I was perusing Craigslist and came across a listing for a furniture auction. I was intrigued and tried to get Ty to come with me, but he is lame and was studying. I had no idea what to expect from this place. It was a huge warehouse filled with gorgeous furniture. They auctioned off everything piece by piece.

I love the simplicity of this couch and the nail head trim.
I found this amazing living room group and fell in love with the club chair. It was really comfy and the most supple leather I have ever felt on furniture. I was incredibly nervous when it came time to bid. I had been watching people bid for the last hour, but I was nervous I was going to commit a big auction faux pas. It turns out it didn't matter, because the bidding went out of my price range.
I didn't get a picture of the chair, but I found this picture of the
whole group on the auction website.
Sunday We had our Sharing&Caring group from church over for lunch. It is hard to cook for a group following church services. I didn't want them to be waiting around forever for the food. I ended up serving a cheese, cracker & grapes tray, pork chops, roasted potatoes, green beans, salad, bread and chocolate chip cookies. Turns out I have no idea how to cook for more than 2-3 people. I have a ton of leftovers!
(I thought I had posted the pork chop recipe on here, but I couldn't find it to link to this post. I will have to post it later this week.)
You have just read the article entitled Weekend Recap. Please read the article from The Sweet Simplicity About more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : http://the-sweet-simplicity.blogspot.com/2010/01/weekend-recap.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. The Sweet Simplicity