Weekend Adventures

I feel so special when I don't blog for a few days and then I get asked why I haven't been blogging! The blogging will be sparse the next couple of weeks. Ty is on a little break before rotations start in July!!!! I'm so excited. He took his big board test on Saturday and we have been hanging out non-stop ever since. We are having so much fun and will be taking advantage of all this free time together. I am taking off work for a week. yay!
Time for a weekend recap:
I had to work an event Saturday morning and Ty was exhausted after his test, but we made ourselves leave the house that evening. We went to the movies and saw The Hangover. It was so funny!
Sunday was such a nice, relaxing day. It had been far too long since we have had one of those together. (I always have a relaxing Sunday, but Ty is usually studying all day.) We went to church, had lunch from Quik Trip, visited my cousin and his family, and went to Wal-Mart. {Taking Ty to Wal-Mart is probably what my mom experienced when us 3 kids went with her. We ended up with all kinds of strange things in the cart. He picked out hamburger helper chili macaroni. I will not be fixing that anytime soon! ew!}
We had Chesley over for dinner and grilled steaks. At the last minute we decided to go to the drive-in movie theater and see Up. It was a cute movie. I hadn't been to a drive-in theater since middle school (I saw Men in Black, just to take you back).
You pay for a double feature. The 2nd movie didn't start until 10:50--way too late for this working lady, so we opted out.
We had so much fun!

{my night setting creates an even brighter than usual flash, which is why Ty's eyes look crazy!}

Tomorrow is my last working day for a while. Ty and I have lots of plans for this week and this weekend we are headed on a mini vacay. Lots and lots of fun in store!

Photobucket
Posted by Picasa
You have just read the article entitled Weekend Adventures. Please read the article from The Sweet Simplicity About http://the-sweet-simplicity.blogspot.com/2009/06/weekend-adventures.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. The Sweet Simplicity