Did someone say free? I'm there!

We always have my city's magazine delivered at the school. I love reading through it and discovering new things about my city. I grew up in a really small town. No stoplights, small. The place we are in now is a smaller city (but big for my state). I love discovering new places to see and eat and things to do. It is such a fun experience!

Saturday our teaching gardens were hosting an event and the first 500 people got a new hybrid of the endless summer hydrangea plant.


Chesley and I were so excited! We got there 45 minutes before the gates opened.


We were the youngest people there. It was hilarious! We wanted our free plant!


There were a few vendors set up at the gardens. One of them had this amazing lime patio furniture. Of course we had to take pictures on it!







That bench was $800!! We saw the price tag and thought, surely that is for the bench and the table set (a table and 4 chairs). Nope, the table set was $1300! Crazy!



The Rose Garden


After the excitement of getting a free plant we headed to Calico Corners to scope out some fabric. But we got distracted by a lot of garage sale signs.

I got these cute little easter eggs for a $1. I think they will be so cute sitting out somewhere next Easter.

It was a great Saturday and we were home and worn out by 10 am!

I can't wait for Ty (not me!) to plant my new hydrangea bush. I can't dig a hole if my life depended on it and he told me no planting until after his test. Hopefully it will produce some beautiful blue blooms soon!

Photobucket

Posted by Picasa
You have just read the article entitled Did someone say free? I'm there!. Please read the article from The Sweet Simplicity About http://the-sweet-simplicity.blogspot.com/2009/06/did-someone-say-free-i-there.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. The Sweet Simplicity