Utah

As I mentioned in my last post, I spent 8 days in Utah for a work trip. I had been once before a couple of years ago and it was gorgeous. The beautiful state did not disappoint.
My boss and I traveled all over the state, but our main bases were Salt Lake City and Provo, where BYU is located.

Dinner at Pizzeria 712. Some of the best food I have ever had. Oh so yummy!

09 collage

My hotel and the pathway directly behind it.
IMG_5275

Train ride!
IMG_5330

The train ride was 3 hours and incredibly long and you went about 10 mph, but the views were gorgeous!
IMG_5335

IMG_5319

IMG_5313

IMG_5309

IMG_5310

A trip to Ikea was a great way to stretch my legs after the train ride! I love that place!
64633_PE174132_S4
Ignore the horrible picture from Ikea. I love when restaurants leave water on your table. I drink a lot and love being able to refill my own glass. I decided we needed one at the house.

Thank you google for a better picture!
11-21-ikea1

A beautiful drive on the Alpine Loop on the way to Ikea.
IMG_5340 1

33844_802139983052_17102728_42613001_2962307_n

An eventful trip to the Great Salt Lake in a pencil skirt, a silk blouse and a cardigan. It was on the way back to the hotel from a career fair. I wish I would have been in a bathing suit. The water was amazing!
IMG_5365

The water was so smooth.
IMG_5353

The water was extremely clear. I was standing in the water looking down at the sand. I think the water was about mid-calf. I loved the pattern in the sand.
IMG_5352
My legs looked like I had a bad case of dry skin after they had dried off from the water. They were covered in dry salt. So weird!

Yummy mexican food at the Red Iguana.

I love the iPhone app, Hipstamatic!

I was told to go to Hatch Family Chocolates for the best hot chocolate. It was AMAZING! Hands down the best hot chocolate ever. What my sweet blog friend forgot to mention was it was owned by The Little Chocolatiers! I was so shocked when I walked in to see them standing in the store!
20100323__littlechoc_032410~8_200

My favorite chocolate was a peanut butter truffle with sea salt. Oh so good.


Big thanks to Emma for all the great restaurant recommendations!

I didn't edit a single picture for a couple of reasons.
1. I'm lazy.
2. The landscape is so beautiful. It really doesn't need anything extra.

If you are interested in more Utah posts you can read about my trip two years ago here, here, and here.
You have just read the article entitled Utah. Please read the article from The Sweet Simplicity About , more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : http://the-sweet-simplicity.blogspot.com/2010/09/utah.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. The Sweet Simplicity