summer veggies

I hate that it feels like summer is over. The stores are full of fall clothes and while I can't wait to buy new clothes or for the weather to get cool, I realize that we have two solid months of HOT weather. So, part of me feels like this post is kinda late, but that is just silly! Enough jibber jabber.

The last time I was home my mom had this big box of corn from my great uncle's farm. Yum, yum!
IMG_4992
I took several ears home with me and was telling her about this yummy butter recipe I had found in a Cooking Light cookbook. I thought I would share it with you all in case you have a big box of corn in your house or maybe just a few ears.

Chili-Lime Corn on the Cob
Ingredients:
4 ears shucked corn
2 tbsp butter
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp grated lime rind (I just used lime juice--I realize its not quite the same thing, but close enough.)
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper

Directions:
1. Place corn in a microwave-safe dish; cover dish with wax paper. Microwave at high for 7 min or until tender.
2. Place butter in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave 15 seconds or until butter melts.
3. Stir in chili powder, lime rind, salt and pepper.
4. Brush butter mixture evenly over cooked corn.

IMG_4991


If you have a kitchen full of other veggies or just want to take advantage of all the fresh goodness, then you must make this:
tostadas-ck-1215924-l
picture from Cooking Light

I found this recipe on Kate's blog. She adapted it from Cooking Light and it is oh so good!
It has become a regular in my rotation.

I bring my lunch to work almost every day. I discovered the best pre-made salad at Target.
salad

It can be found in the deli coolers and is Archer Farms. The salad contains strawberries, blueberries, grilled chicken and goat cheese with poppy seed dressing.
Target was out of it last weekend and I thought I was going to cry. It is that good.
You have just read the article entitled summer veggies. Please read the article from The Sweet Simplicity About more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : http://the-sweet-simplicity.blogspot.com/2010/08/summer-veggies.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. The Sweet Simplicity