centerpiece inspiration

This weekend we are having a mini baby shower for my SIL, Sarah. It is their second boy, and the boys are less than 2 years apart. So, they don't really need anything for baby #2, but we wanted to do something special for them. We (Ty's mom, sisters, and I) are having a mini baby shower (family only) this weekend.


Ty and I were beyond excited to find out that Sarah had baby Wade yesterday morning. We were hoping this would happen, so we could meet him this weekend, and it did! I believe he was a week or so early--her due date kept changing.


I am in charge of the centerpiece for the shower. I headed to a grocery store in my area that always carries the biggest, prettiest hydrangeas. Of course, the one time I actually go in needing them, they are sold out. The selection was pretty limited, which was surprising for this store.
Then I spotted baby's breath.

I know what you all are thinking--baby's breath??? The filler flower??? The ugly filler flower??

Allow these pictures to change your mind about baby's breath.

This is what I had in mind when I bought the baby's breath. I had spotted this picture on The Sweetest Occasion and filed it away.
breath7

breath4
{via}

breath6
{via with a tutorial}

breath5
{via}

breath3
{source unknown}

breath2
{source unknown}

I will share my centerpiece with you all next week.
You have just read the article entitled centerpiece inspiration. Please read the article from The Sweet Simplicity About more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : http://the-sweet-simplicity.blogspot.com/2010/08/centerpiece-inspiration.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. The Sweet Simplicity