recent reads

My recent reads or in some cases recent listens:

I still haven't seen the movie, but I really enjoyed the book. I had heard mixed messages about the The Loveley Bones and I'm glad I decided to give it a try for myself. It was a great listen!
I had heard great things about this book, American Wife, through the blogvine*.
I listened to it as well and it started a little slow, I enjoyed the middle, and the end seemed to drag. But that could have been because I was listening to it, instead of reading it. I know a lot of people liked it, so I think it is worth a shot if you are interested.


This book, Loving Frank, appeared in a People magazine a year or two ago and I filed it away in mind. I was looking for a book for my DC trip and came across this at Target. I was excited to read it, because Frank Lloyd Wright had an impact here in Oklahoma.
It was an interesting read and very different from my usual chick lit. It gives a somewhat historical and mostly fictional account of FLW's affair. It was much darker than I usually prefer, but I did like it.

After Loving Frank, I needed a good chick lit book. I found this book, The Little Lady Agency, at a used bookstore Ty and I visited. It was very cute and the best part is that it is part of a series. I love books in series! And Sophie Kinsella says it is "Deliciously Witty." Enough said.


Next up on my list:

The Help



Little Bee

*Ty recently coined the term blogvine after listening to me say, Oh I read about that on a blog. Now whenever I mention anything new he asks me if I heard that from my blog friends. What can I say? You all blog about great things!
Has anyone read these? Any other books I need to add to my queue?
You have just read the article entitled recent reads. Please read the article from The Sweet Simplicity About more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : http://the-sweet-simplicity.blogspot.com/2010/04/recent-reads.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. The Sweet Simplicity