DC in pictures

I was in DC last week for work meetings from Tuesday to really late Saturday night. The weather was so nice, although a little too warm for me (90s).

I was with a group of people from work and we headed to visit with our state's senators and congressman, well with their staff since it was a recess. We had time between our appointments and went to the Library of Congress. I had never been in before. Oh my, it was gorgeous!

Lots of marble, stained glass, and amazing details.






After our work duties were done we headed to sit
along the Potomac and ended up taking a boat cruise.


Part of my work group was the president of our school. The man has more energy than anyone I know. He made me get up from our table and walk toward these officers. Little did I know he was going to make me take a picture with them. haha.
We ended up at The Bethesda Crabhouse for dinner.
Yummy! I took a picture of the aftermath, but it was a bit much for the ol' blog.
But boy was it good.

Afterward dinner we stopped at this outdoor shopping center for gelato. I loved the outdoor setting with the flowers and lights.

I had a free day on Thursday and got to spend it with friends. One of my good childhood friends and her parents recently moved to Baltimore. They drove in to spend the day with me.
We had such a good time shopping and seeing a few exhibits at a Smithsonian.

I love wisteria. It smells so lovely.
Side note about wisteria...I found out while I was on this trip that my city is finally getting an Anthropologie!!!!! The store it is going into has a big pergola covered with wisteria. It is going to be the perfect setting for the store.

We saw Julia Child's kitchen, the ruby red slippers, and the first ladies' inaugural ball gowns.


We also saw the Hope Diamond and a lot of other fab jewels.

I would wear this crown everywhere if it were mine: the grocery store, work, walking Nuts, etc. love, love, love.
Last year when I was in DC I went to Georgetown Cupcakes. This year I wanted to visit Hello Cupcake in Dupont Circle. SOOOO glad I did. I fell in love with this cupcake bakery.

cupcakes+chandeliers=perfection

Ginger and I


See that pink cupcake. Strawberry buttercream frosting with strawberry cake. Pure heaven.


It was a great trip, but I was so happy when Ty and Nuts picked me up at the airport. There are a couple of work events happening in DC next year and I hope to return. What a fun city!

Don't forget to enter my giveaway!
Posted by Picasa

You have just read the article entitled DC in pictures. Please read the article from The Sweet Simplicity About , more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : http://the-sweet-simplicity.blogspot.com/2010/04/dc-in-pictures.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. The Sweet Simplicity