sweets for my sweet

My title should really say sweets for me. I have the worst sweet tooth. Ty will eat them, but he can stop at one chocolate, cupcake, etc. I'm always wanting more.



chocolates from a little chocolate shop downtown

IMG_6735

above: champagne chocolates and italian hazlenut

below: sea salted caramels and peanut butter chocolates

IMG_6737



I was in the mood to bake something the other day, but it was too hot to use the oven. I remembered those yummy peanut butter chocolates pictured above and decided to make my own. I found several recipes online and combined them into this one.

IMG_6748



I only had so much chocolate chips and powdered sugar on hand and I didn't want to make a million peanut butter cups, so I halved the recipe and then halved it again. So if you don't want to make a ton, then use this recipe. I think it made 12-15 cups. I made three large ones, because I ran out of mini liners.

ingredients:

1/2 cup creamy peanut butter

1/4 to 1/2 cup powdered sugar, do it to taste

1/2 tbsp butter

1 cup chocolate chips

PAM

mini cupcake liners



Empty the peanut butter into a bowl and stir in the powdered sugar. Mix in the softened butter and set aside. The powdered sugar and butter make the peanut butter incredibly smooth and tasty!



Melt the chocolate in the microwave with a small dollop of crisco. The crisco helps melt the chocolate smoothly. Arrange the cupcake liners in a mini muffin pan or on a baking sheet and spray them with PAM.



Spoon the melted chocolate into the cupcake liners and coat the bottom and sides of the liners the best you can. Set the extra chocolate aside. Place the tray into the refrigerator for 5-10 minutes. Pipe or spoon the peanut butter mixture into the cooled chocolate cups.



IMG_6749



Spoon the remaining chocolate on top of the peanut butter and place the tray back in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to completely set. Then eat just one and place the rest back in the fridge, because you have amazing willpower.

IMG_6753



cupcakes from a local cupcakery, kupcakz



The top right one is a peach cake with bourbon infused frosting. Yum, yum.



Now that I've developed a muffin top from all the sweets and Ty has somehow managed to lose weight, I've switched to these:

snackwells

sooooo good.



You have just read the article entitled sweets for my sweet. Please read the article from The Sweet Simplicity About more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : http://the-sweet-simplicity.blogspot.com/2011/08/sweets-for-my-sweet.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. The Sweet Simplicity