Easter Treats

I made a little treat to give to Jack's teachers at daycare for Easter--bunny bait! It is white chocolate covered popcorn with pieces of pretzels, m&m's and sprinkles. The popcorn is addicting and something that I always make at Christmas.

Untitled

Bunny Bait
1. Pop a bag of popcorn per instructions on the bag.
2. Melt two squares of white almond bark.
3. Put popcorn & pretzel pieces in a gallon sized ziploc bag.
4. Pour melted almond bark over the popcorn, close the bag and shake.
5. Spread popcorn on top of a wax paper lined cookie sheet.
6. Immediately sprinkle on m&m's and sprinkles.
7. Let the almond bark harden for a few minutes and then package the popcorn mixture.

Untitled
I forgot to add the pretzel pieces to my ziploc bag, so I just sprinkled them on top. I would recommend adding them to the bag, so they get a coating of almond bark.


Untitled

I discovered a great way to attach tags to packages. (I have a tiny hole punch from Hobby Lobby that surprisingly, I use quite a bit. I should invest in a circle punch out next! It is hard to cut out circles.)
I bought clear hair bands at Wal-Mart and attached them to my tags like this:
Untitled

Then I simply placed them around the top of my clear bags, which I had secured with another clear band. I simply tied my ribbon around the bag and it made the tag lay exactly as it should. So simple!
Untitled
Untitled

If anyone is interested in the circles, you can download a printable pdf here. It won't contain the from or name, but would still be cute! I had a hard time finding something in boy colors, so I decided to make my own.
You have just read the article entitled Easter Treats. Please read the article from The Sweet Simplicity About more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : http://the-sweet-simplicity.blogspot.com/2013/03/easter-treats.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. The Sweet Simplicity