State Fair

We took Jack to the state fair last week. (We really packed in some events over the course of 10 days: a visit to the pumpkin patch (post coming), the fair, a work trip, and a football game!)

Yeehaw!
Untitled

Untitled


We tried some new food (fried bacon and roasted corn) and an old favorite (corn dog). The thing I was the most excited about trying was pineapple whip. It was delicious and Jack loved it!
Untitled

Untitled
 
Even before the fair I had pinned a couple of pineapple whip recipes. I just knew I was going to love it. After reading through several I decided to combine a few. This is definitely a much healthier version than some of the recipes I came across. The pineapple whip at the fair was too sweet. Coming from someone with a sweet tooth that says a lot. I wanted something a little lighter.

Untitled

Pineapple Whip

ingredients:
3 cups frozen pineapple
(1) 5.3 ounce package vanilla greek yogurt*
Vanilla soy milk as needed for consistency 
2 generous teaspoons of honey

(The recipes I found called for almond milk. Jack is drinking soy milk, and I decided it would work just fine. I have no idea what almond milk tastes like. I would think regular milk would taste just fine. You just need some liquid to balance out the other two ingredients being so thick.)

directions:
Combine all ingredients in a blender and pulse. It took some stopping and stirring to help the blender move along, but it got the job done. 

This made two pretty big (in my opinion) servings for Ty and I. 
I had planned to share with Jack, but the whole honey thing stopped me. Why are there so many food rules for babies??? He got a mini popsicle instead. Then, threw the biggest tantrum to date because we wouldn't give him another. He is so mistreated. :)


*I was not a fan of greek yogurt until I tried this one. It is not as tart as other brands. If you think you don't like greek yogurt, try this one!
light-and-fit-greek-vanilla


You have just read the article entitled State Fair. Please read the article from The Sweet Simplicity About , , more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : http://the-sweet-simplicity.blogspot.com/2013/10/state-fair.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. The Sweet Simplicity