project curtains

I did a little post about my upcoming curtain project on August 9th. I finally completed that project. (slightly embarrassed that it took that long. I'm ridiculous.) I used this super easy no-sew tutorial.

I am so pleased with the way they turned out. I definitely made a false statement above--I still need to finish the bottom hem and buy more curtain rings. BUT, they are basically done. :)
IMG_5756

IMG_5763
I found curtains made out of the same fabric on CSN for $315 a panel. That is CRAZINESS.

While home for Thanksgiving I purchased a chest of drawers from Brent's family (Ty's BIL).
IMG_5760
(There is a weird shadow on the chest. It's not a flaw.)

They had a couple of other similar pieces, but we don't have room for them right now. I love the style of this furniture. It belonged to Brent's great grandma and I believe it is from the 1940s.

I'm going to be sad to take down these fun colors!
IMG_5762

Ty and I did some Christmas shopping and wrapping this weekend.
IMG_5758
{Ignore those shelves behind him--I'm still working on filling them up.}

I found these tins at Hobby Lobby and they reminded me of our stockings and the combination inspired my Christmas theme this year--polka dots and leopard!
IMG_5771

My stocking from Ballard Designs.
FM139_A_RD044

IMG_5768-1

Ty's niece's present
IMG_5773-1
They moved and her new school mascot is an owl. Her present may or may not have something to do with this as well.

IMG_5770-1

This was the first weekend since August that Ty has been home all weekend without working. It was SO nice. I have missed that man.
You have just read the article entitled project curtains. Please read the article from The Sweet Simplicity About , more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : http://the-sweet-simplicity.blogspot.com/2010/12/project-curtains.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. The Sweet Simplicity